University of Southern Indiana

Change of Academic Program

An undergraduate student should initiate a Change of Academic Program if they wish to do any of the following:

  • Change majors
  • Add or remove a second major
  • Add or remove a minor
  • Declare a concentration/emphasis
  • Change degree types (i.e. from Bachelor of Science to Bachelor of Arts)


The student obtains a Change of Academic Program form from the Registrar's Office or the department of the new major/minor, secures the signature of the department chair/director (or dean) of any major/minor to be added, and returns the form to the Registrar's Office for processing.

A student must submit the completed form by the Thursday before priority registration if the change is to be made within the current semester. Unless granted a waiver by the department of the new major, the student must meet all current program requirements for graduation.

Graduate Students

A graduate student who wishes to change their graduate program or track should initiate a Change of Graduate Program form. The form will be routed to Graduate Studies and the graduate program director for review and approval.

Contact Web Services


Send Email to